Nowadays everyone is behind weight loss programs. But at the same time, there are many people struggling with weight gain. Gaining weight is not strenuous and can be achieved simply by reversing some essential dieting principles. Certain basic calculations and lifestyle changes can garner impressive results.
How to Gain Weight at Home in 7 Days
Here we create a list of tips that can help you to gain within a week naturally without creating health issues. Try to follow these weight gain diet tips and the result will start showing within 7 days:
- Eat a lot of proteins: Protein forms the building blocks of your muscles. Eating sufficient protein is required to gain muscle weight instead of just fat. If you’re trying to gain weight, aim for 0.7-1 grams of protein per pound of body weight (1.5 – 2.2 grams of protein per kilogram). High protein foods include meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes, nuts, and others. Protein supplements like whey protein can also be useful if you struggle to get enough protein in your diet.
- Eat Repeat Eat: Eat at least 3 meals per day and make sure to eat plenty of fat and carb.
- Energy Dense Food for weight gain: Eat a lot of energy-dense food. Add a lot of spices, condiments, and sauces so that the food becomes tasty and you can take more of it. Energy-dense foods are
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc.
- Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes, and others.
- High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream.
- Fats and Oils: Extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil.
- Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice.
- Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, and yams.
- Dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, trail mixes.
- Weight Lifting Exercise: Lift heavy weights and improve your strength. This will help you gain muscle mass instead of just fat.
- Eating Snack Before Bed: Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
- Large Bowl: Use large plates if you are trying to get in more calories, this will increase the intake of good nutrients helps the body to increase weight gain faster.
- Good sleep: Sleep is very important for muscle growth.
- Mix Food Items: If you have a mix of foods on your plate, eat the calorie-dense and protein-rich foods first. Eat the vegetables last.
- Don’t smoke: Smokers usually experience weight loss. Quitting smoking can lead to weight gain.
- Milk: Drink milk and weight gainer shakes that are rich in proteins, carbs, and calories, this will help in increasing muscle and weight gain while sitting at home.
- Don’t drink water before meals or along with meals as it can reduce food consumption.
- Supplement for Weight Gain: You can also try supplements like Creatine Monohydrate to gain weight naturally. Simply consume 3–5 grams per day. However, it may take three to four weeks to maximize muscle stores. Better to consult a Naturopathic physician before starting any supplements for weight gain.
Updates From Lybrate: We hope this information was helpful to you. Moreover, you can also check out these weight gainer supplements from Lybrate to support your weight gain journey.
Gaining weight in a healthy way typically requires a combination of consuming more calories than you burn and engaging in strength training exercises to build muscle mass. Here are some tips that can help you gain weight in a month:
- Eat calorie-dense foods: Focus on consuming foods that are high in calories, such as nuts, seeds, avocados, and full-fat dairy products. Incorporating healthy fats like olive oil and coconut oil in your diet can also be helpful.
- Increase your portion sizes: Try to eat larger portions at mealtime or add extra snacks throughout the day.
- Eat more frequently: Eating smaller, frequent meals throughout the day can help increase your calorie intake.
- Incorporate protein: Make sure to include protein in each meal and snack, such as lean meats, fish, eggs, beans, and lentils. Protein is important for building and repairing muscle.
- Lift weights: Strength training exercises can help build muscle mass and increase your overall weight. Focus on exercises that target multiple muscle groups, such as squats, deadlifts, bench presses, and pull-ups.
- Get enough sleep: Aim for at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night. Sleep is important for muscle recovery and growth.